CUT HOME HEATING BILLS
HOUSE AND GARDEN CARE IN WINTER
- Clear any leaves covering drains.
- Check gutters are not blocked with leaves, bird nests or grit from roof tiles. Clear any blockages.
- Secure or replace any loose roof tiles.
- Prune and cut back nearby trees to reduce the risk of falling branches.
- Repair gates and fences to protect against damage from storms.
- Check your damp course is free. Clear away any debris or piles of leaves that may bridge your damp course.
- Check the timer on your central heating is working properly.
- Fit lagging to your pipes, tanks and cisterns to prevent freezing.
- Check and fix any dripping taps.
- Make sure you known where your main stop cock is, so you can shut off the water supply if there is a flood.
- Make sure you know how to switch off the mains supply if necessary.
- Locate your fuse box and ensure you have spare fuses.
To add an entry, request an existing one to be altered, or report a dead link, please click here.
Return to Top
(c) Compiled by B V & T M Wood.